Tuesday, January 20, 2009

....and the wait continues....

Not too much else to say right now. The officials are back from holiday, everyone is in place, yet nothing is happening. There is still no one that can provide any sort of estimated timeline for all of us waiting families.

On a brighter note, we received 2 new photos of K from our coordinator today. They are a little dark and blurry, but she looks pretty darn good. There is some confusion regarding the measurements that accompanied the photos. I'm hoping they are truly not hers. If they are, they reveal that while she has grown 2 inches, her weight remains unchanged from nearly 3 months ago. With her complex medical needs, this has been our biggest fear. She is at extraordinary risk for infection and malnutrition and if she has stopped gaining weight we have much reason to worry. That being said, I haven't traditionally put a great deal of stock in measurements received because there is simply no standardized method of obtaining accurate weights or measurements over there. Hopefully we will receive word in the next few days that the information from today was indeed, inaccurate.

So, we continue to hope and pray for a resolution to the delays. K will be 7 months old this coming Sunday. I pray that we will be together next month!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I keep forgetting that K is only 10 days older than Ben. I hope that she is home soon.

janiece said...

I'll throw my prayers in there too. i hope soon she will be with you.

Kimberly said...

Shannon~
I agree with you - I try not to put too much stock in those measurements - I don't think they even try to be consistent in how they take them - and I got the impression from K. when I was there that most of the workers think it's a ridiculous request of ours....so I bet she is doing great!
Kimberly