Saturday, April 11, 2009

Dare I say....

...I see a light at the end of the tunnel?

I've struggled this week with whether or not to put into words the hope and positivity I'm feeling. This process has been so fraught with uncertainty I'm almost afraid that if I talk about "the good" I'm going to jinx it. Mind you, before adoption, I was not really a superstitious person - yet another thing about me that has changed.

Without sharing too much detail, it appears the issue of Intercountry Adoption has been raised amongst the powers-that-be in Kyrgyzstan. Even better is that the conversations have trended toward positive lately instead of negative. Currently, there is no concrete, confirmed information coming out of Kyrgyzstan about the future of adoptions or the cases stalled in-process. There are a lot of theories floating around that seem to indicate that adoptions will indeed continue, it's just a matter of when.

That said, I still grieve for the time we've lost with K, but am more confident now than before that she will eventually come home to us.

There will be another conference call this coming Wednesday, during which I hope to learn that the 65 children who have been waiting to be united with their forever families are going to be coming home - SOON! I will try to post an update later next week.

Thank you for your continued prayers for us and all of the waiting orphans. Happy Easter!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I have been feeling so positive about it too. For a while there was very little light - that is for sure!

Kimberly said...

I know what you mean Shannon - I've felt hopeful and yet afraid to hope at the same time. The picture in this post is beautiful! where did you find it?

Hilary Marquis said...

Keep your faith! She is coming home, and I'm praying for good news soon for all of you.

Jes said...

I hope that light is comin' fast!!! Can't wait until Wednesday ;)