Saturday, December 26, 2009

Take 5....for real this time

So, the suitcase has been packed and ready for over a week - I figured by being ready for another hospitalization we'd ward off the evil spirits. Sadly, I was wrong this time. M has meningitis - likely due to a shunt infection. She was just taken to the OR where they will remove her complete shunt system and place an external shunt for the time being. We will be here in the PICU for about 5 days if all goes well. Then, a new shunt will need to be placed. I hope and pray this is the last round of surgeries for a while. My girlie needs a break! Please pray for M and for the surgeons working on her. I will update when I can.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Oh my goodness - that's a lot of surgeries for the wee one and a lot of stress for you guys! Praying!

Maria said...

Oh Shannon!! Know you all will be in our prayers. You are right, sweet baby girl needs a break, and so does her mommy.