Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Home Sweet Home

Yup - you read it right - we are ALL HOME!!!!! At the risk of jinxing things, I'm going to say just one time - M is doing so great! In an effort to rescue her VA shunt catheter as well as her Hickman, the ID and Neurosurg docs have chosen to extend her IV antibiotic course to six weeks. Because of that decision, the decision was made to allow us to do the remaining five weeks of IV antibiotic infusions at home. Let me tell you after TEN, yes, TEN long weeks in the hospital, there is nothing like having all four of us under one roof again. I promise to catch up on pictures and other stuff soon. Today is Neurology and Pediatric appointments for E.

3 comments:

Mary from TN said...

Praise the LORD!!! I know your sweet family is so glad to be together!! Praying M continues to do well!

Hugs,
Mary from TN

Linda Schuhmacher said...

Shannon & Family, That is so wonderful to hear!!! My prayers will continue to go up!! :)

Linda

janiece said...

YES!!!!! Let me know if you have any questions or issues with the IV stuff. You've got the pediatric nurse on call whenever.