Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Project Hopeful Spreads Truth Once Again

PLEASE take some time to stop over to Project Hopeful and read this extremely insightful post on The Stigma Double Standard.  I can't tell you how many times I've been chastised for publicly discussing my childrens' special needs or what goes on in our family and I'm not just talking HIV here.  There are far too many ignorant people out there and each time someone tells me to "sit down and shut up" it gives me greater drive to advocate and educate!  If we don't talk about things, the ignorance just spreads!  I for one want my kids to grow up in a world of tolerance and acceptance.  I want them to grow up being proud of themselves, their histories, their family, their uniqueness and their strength.  I want them to know that I am not ashamed of them.  I'm so grateful for organizations like Project Hopeful that make it their mission to spread the truth.

No comments: