Thursday, February 21, 2008

Our Site Explained

It was brought to my attention that perhaps our site is a little confusing or misleading and I thought I'd try to clear things up.

In the center text area, you will find posts, pictures and any other ramblings I decide to include. This is my spot to just kind of open up, let my feelings/frustrations out and let you all know if there is anything new or exciting going on. These posts are arranged newest first, down to oldest and you can navigate to older posts using the Blog Archive to the right.

Along the right hand side you can a variety of great things. There is a poll you can vote in, links to Kyrgyzstan information, some other great blogs to check out, links to various adoption-related sites and links to exciting fundraisers we are currently conducting.

Please keep in mind that any fundraisers you choose to participate in provide a percentage of sales directly to our adoption fund. You may also visit our mall (see the link at the bottom of the page). The way the mall works is that anything you purchase from any store through our mall link nets a percentage directly into our adoption fund. Just about any store you could ever want is available in our mall and many times online orders can be shipped to the store nearest you for no charge, saving you shipping costs.

Lastly, if you or someone you know is interested in making a direct monetary contribution, it can be done through the "Chip In" button located to the right. Those of you that know me know that asking for money is not something I would normally be able to bring myself to do. The mere thought of it, makes me cringe. However, this is something I believe in with the deepest part of my heart and soul and therefore, I am humbly asking if you are able and feel compelled to donate to a cause, that you consider donating to our cause this year. We currently have just under half of what we need to reach our goal and must raise about $24,000.00 more. Please remember that the money we raise does not go to us, it is not profit, every penny helps and every penny we raise goes directly toward bringing another child out of poverty and into a better life.

No comments: