Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Step away from the potatoes

If I have to be stuck in a hospital, this is a pretty darn good one to be stuck in. They have a killer cafeteria, which is really more like a food court. It's crazy expensive, but after 10 days here I'm pretty sure I've tried everything. There's only one problem......they have the best potatoes and desserts! I'm not really sure how many times I've had mashed potatoes and gravy or cheesy potatoes and I know I've had at least one gormet dessert each day. We have to go home soon or I'm going to weigh 300 pounds!

M is slated for surgery tomorrow morning. If all goes perfectly, she'll be discharged after her antibiotic course is completed on Saturday. Keep your fingers crossed for us.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

omg i love hospital mashed potatoes...I even loved them at the VA medical center...there is nothing as comforting as that big strangely too heavy lump of starchy goodness!