Friday, January 15, 2010

Things That Don't Suck

Alright, thank you to all who indulged me in my pity party last night. I'm over it and ready to move on. It sucks that M has had to go through so much in her short life and that our family is once again separated. So, to lift my spirits, I thought I'd start out our 2-3 week hospital stretch with a little game of "Things That Don't Suck". Here's how it works: Take into account your current life situation, ignore all the things you might be inclined to complain about and list ten things in your life right now that DON'T suck. If you're reading, consider yourself tagged and post your answers to your blog. I'll start:

1. My Husband - my wonderful, amazing, strong and supportive husband who lets me have my freak outs, understands my insanity (or at least pretends to) and loves me no matter what.

2. My Kiddos - my silly, crazy son who can always make me laugh and shows me the beauty and excitement in everything around us; and my beautiful, resilient daughter who faces each obstacle with grace and shows me every day what tough really is.

3. Support - we have had such an outpouring of support from our family and friends. It's so comforting to know that there are so many people poised and ready to help us out.

4. My job - so far, they have been extremely supportive and understanding of my need to have time off.

5. Our doctors - we have some of the finest doctors in the nation. I have complete faith in the care M is receiving and at a time like this, that is a huge weight off my shoulders.

6. American Family Children's Hospital - I've said it before, this is a phenomenal facility with incredible staff that we are blessed to have access to.

7. Our Insurance - we all complain about it, we all hate to pay for it, but without it, we would be financially devastated. We have some excellent coverage and for that, I am so grateful.

8. The Internet - may sound shallow, but without it I would not have access to the virtual family and friends I've come to depend on these last few years.

9. Living in the US - if there's something you want to complain about, watch 2 minutes of Haiti coverage, then get over it and be thankful for what we have here!

10. Diet Coke and Hospital Potatoes - need I say more?

2 comments:

China Dreams said...

Hear, hear. One of my favorite sayings is, "If we all threw our problems onto a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back". Hang in there.

Kimberly said...

Love it!
I'll post my own list soon!
Praying for you guys!
Glad that you were able to come up with a list of things you are grateful for!