Wednesday, December 22, 2010

All I want....

....for Christmas is TWO functioning shunts.  I hate to say it, but I was right - you know DAYS AGO when I thought there could possibly be a shunt problem.  I don't know why I didn't trust my instincts more.  M is currently in surgery for a very complicated looking shunt malfunction.  It is impossible to tell which shunt or if it's both that are failing.  It's also impossible to tell if she has loculations again.  There is no solid plan right now.  Our beloved neurosurgeon is OUT OF THE COUNTRY!  The new nsg seems nice, very confident (but not too confident) and competent.  I hate these after hours surgeries because they have to be done on the adult side of the hospital, but luckily our favorite peds anesthesiologist is on tonight.  No idea how long we'll be here, but I'll update when I can.  Thanks for praying for our precious dolly.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Shannon - NO FAIR!!!! I so want you to have 2 functioning shunts for Christmas too! :(
Praying for smooth surgery and a quick recovery and for peace for you guys as you wait...